Spreemo Announces The Leapfrog Group President and CEO Leah Binder Will Keynote Inaugural Quality Research Institute Summit
Renowned industry leader to present on the importance of healthcare quality transparency
NEW YORK (September 27, 2016) – Spreemo, the healthcare analytics platform that facilitates better patient care through innovative clinical research, data science and network management, today announced that Leah Binder will keynote next month’s Inaugural Quality Research Institute (QRI) Summit on Friday, Oct. 21, in New York City. Consistently named one of the most powerful and influential people in healthcare, Binder is currently the President and CEO of Washington, D.C.-based The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog), a nonprofit organization representing employer purchasers of healthcare and advocating for improved quality and safety of care.
“We are absolutely thrilled to have Leah Binder keynote next month’s QRI Summit. She is a clear thought leader in employer health benefits and an expert at cutting through the noise to focus in on the variables that truly impact patient outcomes,” said CEO Ron Vianu. “She joins a stellar lineup of speakers, and we look forward to hearing her perspective on the importance of healthcare transparency among patients, payers, and providers in order to improve quality of care.”
Under the leadership of Leah Binder, Leapfrog launched the Hospital Safety Score, which assigns letter grades to general hospitals across the country relating to their respective levels of safety. A passionate speaker and advisor, she sits on numerous national boards and committees, including the Institute of Medicine Collaboration on Patient Engagement, the National Priorities Partnership Board and the Advisory Board of the Institute for Interactive Patient Care.
The QRI Summit will be moderated by CBS News Medical Correspondent Dr. Max Gomez and feature leading healthcare experts – from clinicians and data scientists to researchers and payers – coming together to share diverse perspectives on the challenges and opportunities affecting the quality of patient care. The Summit will include an array of other notable speakers, including:
- Todd Albert, M.D. – Surgeon-In-Chief at Hospital for Special Surgery; Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Steve Perroots – Vice President, Global Claims at Marriott International
- Richard Herzog, M.D. – Director of Spinal Imaging at Hospital for Special Surgery; Executive Director of Spreemo Quality Research Institute
- Jerome Schofferman, M.D. – Member of Board of Directors, North American Spine Society – Chair Committee on Ethics and Professionalism – Founder Rehabilitation; Interventions and Medical Committee Section (RIMS); Renowned expert on opioid use
- John Ruser, Ph.D. – President and CEO, Workers’ Compensation Research Institute
- Dan Elgort, Ph.D. – Vice President, Healthcare Data Analytics and Research at Spreemo, and former Director and Global Lead of Healthcare Big Data Analytics Research at Philips
QRI Summit Details:
Friday, October 21, 2016
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EDT
Convene Conference Center
237 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
For more information and to register, please click here.